Together, We're Powering a Brighter, More Inclusive Tomorrow.
Join us in delivering clean energy for all through innovative financing solutions for underserved communities and markets.
Hello & Welcome to Inclusive Prosperity Capital
At Inclusive Prosperity Capital (IPC), we believe everyone should have access to the benefits of clean energy and resilience. We solve gaps in the market and democratize access for communities historically excluded from the clean energy transition by aligning investment capital and financing programs with organizations, projects, and initiatives that benefit traditionally underserved markets.
Justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging (JEDI-B) Statement
Diversity and equity movements revolve around addressing an imbalance of access to opportunity for everyone – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, disability, etc. Systemic racism, with its roots in slavery and other historical events that oppress certain groups, has not been eradicated and impacts all modern societies.
Currently, most staff members are white and from similar academic backgrounds. This reduces the diversity of personal experience, creative ideas, and skill sets. It impacts our ability to reach and connect with our target communities. While our Board of Directors includes a more diverse group of individuals, we are committed to diversifying our staff. In addition, we encourage a flat organizational structure. This allows more junior staff members to lead projects and have a strong voice in our direction.
We work in the financial services industry, which has historically been one of the largest perpetrators of systemic racism through redlining and predatory practices in lending, investments, and insurance. These practices have created an even greater divide in the geographic segregation seen all over the United States today.
Our mission, vision, and values reflect our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and justice.
OUR JEDI-B Commitments
- We will post open job positions across a diverse group of universities and colleges, trade associations, and via like-minded organizations to help reach a more racially diverse set of candidates.
- We will use internship programs as an opportunity to develop a robust pipeline from more diverse finance and environment programs and schools.
- We will implement initiatives to gauge employees’ company engagement across different areas of the organization.
- To ensure feedback and opinions are heard and accepted, we commit to having hard conversations with one another in safe spaces, including but not limited to team offsite meetings, monthly staff meetings, weekly team check-ins and one-on-ones.
- We will do so by talking to our customers and telling their stories. Highlighting not only what challenges they face and what issues need to be solved but also what the impact of our work means for them and their communities.
- We will implement impact reporting that captures our investment impacts on BIPOC communities and companies (e.g., diverse counterparties and diverse contractors that work on our investments), building on overall mission alignment.